The Water Works and Sewer Board of the City of Prichard, was organized pursuant to Alabama Code Title 37, sections 394-401, as a public corporation, and has been in existence since 1943, operating originally using the name, the Water Works Board of the City of Prichard. In 1953 the name was amended to its current name.
A Bright Future
Throughout our brief history, we have aimed to be a dedicated water services provider to the citizens of Prichard, AL and surrounding municipalities. For over 71 years, from a small beginning that should not be overlooked, The Water Works and Sewer Board of the City of Prichard, has endeavored to align itself with the resources to provide economic growth and stability to the company and to the communities in which it serves.